51st YEAR REUNION
October 22, 23, 24 plus Cruise 25-29 2021
*$70 per person for Friday through Sunday activities must be paid in advance. PayPal will be set up soon or you may send a check.
Sign up and pay information will be available June 15th, 2021!
Weekend Reunion (Part I):
Friday, October 22, 2021. 7-11pm (we will be setting up earlier so come any time after 6pm)
Ventura Elks Lodge, 2126 Knoll Dr. Ventura, CA, 93003, casual dress
Whoop it up with dancing, light snacks, meet and greet, no-host bar, pool and fun with all your classmates!
Saturday, October 23, 2021
1). Tour of Ventura - 12 noon-4pm -: Pick up and drop off at local hotel (TBA), BYOB (beverage of your choice). Casual dress. Spend time with classmates and reminisce about places in Ventura you loved back then.
First stop; Buena High School for a guided tour of the campus.
Second stop; TBA for corn burritos (2 corn burritos included)
Driving tour (no stops); Ventura College, Downtown Ventura, The Cross, Fair Grounds and Surfers Point, The
Harbor, Olivas Golf Course and Olivas Adobe, Main Street and other sites.
2). Beach Party and S’mores - 7-10pm
- Meet at the San Buenaventura State Beach (sites 36,37,38) next to Ventura Beach Marriott and enjoy a relaxing evening with your classmates. BYOB (beverage of your choice). S’more ingredients and sticks will be provided but you must roast your own marshmallows! Casual dress, bring a sweater or jacket. If you have beach chairs, please bring.
Sunday, October 24, 2021. 12 noon to 4pm
Arroyo Verde Park, Foothill Road, Picnic at the Park (Arroyo Corto covered area), casual dress
BBQ Tri-tip, chicken and sides included, BYOB (beverage of your choice). Games from the 50s, 60s, and 70s will be there for you to enjoy. Try your hand at Chutes and Ladders, Operation or take a Slinky for a walk.
Hotels: Block rooms will be available in three local Ventura hotels.
A. Marriott Ventura Beach – 2055 Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001, $149 USD per night plus tax, also discounted rate on parking for $10 per night. If you are going on the cruise, this hotel will be the pickup and drop off hotel. The hotel also said they will allow you to park in their lot while on the cruise. This hotel will also be the pickup and drop off spot for the Bus Tour on Saturday. Finally, the S’mores Beach Party on Saturday night is walking distance from this hotel.
B. Holiday Inn Express Ventura Harbor, $159 USD per night plus tax. Parking $12/night (not discounted).
- Call to book this hotel. 1080 Navigator Drive, Ventura, CA 93001, ph: 805-856-9533.
- Booking code: BHJ23S or say “Buena High School Class of 1970 Reunion Room Block” to receive discount.
C. Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort, $159 USD per night plus tax. Parking $12/night (not discounted).
- Call to book this hotel. 1050 Schooner Drive, Ventura, CA 93001,
- ph: 805-658-1212, ext. 1290 say “Buena High School, Class of 1970” to receive discount.
Cruise (Part II):
To make reservation:
call Harvey Brister - Elite Personal Vacation Planner, Carnival Cruise Line 1-800-819-3902 Ext 80059 Group #P07TB7
Dates: Monday October 25 to Friday October 29
Carnival Cruise Itinerary: Long Beach, Catalina, Ensenada, Long Beach (Ship name: Miracle)
- Inside for 1: $647.44 For 2: $756.88 ($378.44/person) For 3: $975.32 ($325.10/person (deck 6)
- Obstructed ocean view for 1: $677.44 For 2: $786.88 ($393.44/person) For 3: $1005.32 ($335.10/person) (deck 4)
- Standard ocean view for 1: $747.44 For 2: $856.88 ($428.44/person) For 3: $1075.32 ($358.44/person) (deck 1)
- Obstructed balcony for 1: $797.44 For 2: $906.88 ($453.44/person) For 3: $1125.32 ($375.10/person) (deck 5)
- Standard balcony for 1: $857.44 For 2: $966.88 ($483.44/person)) For 3: $1185.32 ($395.10/person) (deck 6)
*rates may vary based on inventory* *non-refundable deposit $150/person* *FINAL PAYMENT DATE: 8/11/2021
Bus to Cruise:
Pegasus Luxury Transit - $20 per person each way. We must have 57 people to keep the $20 per person or the price will go up. Pickup/drop off will be Marriott Hotel Ventura Beach. Pay for this on paypal.